[SOA] FW: Thefts in the Rochester area

Jelain Chubb jchubb at ohiohistory.org
Mon Sep 29 14:11:34 EDT 2008

I have received an alert from colleagues at the New York State Archives
relating to museum thefts in western New York. Given Ohio's proximity to
the area in which the thefts occurred it is possible that the culprit
may head our way and we are advised to be extra vigilant. Please pass
this information on to appropriate individuals, especially those in
north-eastern Ohio.

Jelain Chubb
State Archivist
Ohio Historical Society

------

ALERT!
Two museums in the Rochester area, the Mills Mansion in Mt. Morris and
the History Museum of Wayne County, have had significant items stolen
within the last week. In both cases the suspect was a man with dark hair
who claimed to have car trouble. Please note that both thefts occurred
when the museums were open to the public. Please be extra-vigilant
regarding your guests and share the suspect's description and m.o. with
your staff and volunteers.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20080922/NEWS01/80922016

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=34511

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/x1712016622/A-thief-of-history-at-Wayne-museu