[SOA] SOA Conference and Worskshops, May 20-22

Ron Davidson ron.davidson at sandusky.lib.oh.us
Tue Apr 14 15:29:50 EDT 2009

The Society of Ohio Archivists (SOA) will hold its 2009 annual meeting
"Archival Access & Accessibility: Tradition & Technology" at the Ohio
Historical Society in Columbus, Ohio on May 20-22, 2009. The conference will
focus on a variety of archives topics, particularly those related to
improving access to archival materials. Other highlights include plenary
speaker Jill Hurst-Wahl ("What We are Learning from Google and Flickr About
Digitization and Partnership"), student poster sessions, and a Thursday
evening reception. Continental breakfast, lunches, and refreshments are
included in the price of registration ($65/SOA members, $75/non-members, if
registered before April 30). A special conference guest rate is available at
the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Columbus.

Prior to the conference, on Wednesday, May 20, we are offering two half-day
workshops on financial issues for archivists: "So You're Thinking About
Fundraising and Development Planning: Now What?" and "Show Me the Money:
Successful Grant Writing for Archivists."  ($25 for one session, or $45 for
both)

Online registration and printable registration forms are available at the
Society of Ohio Archivists website
(http://www.ohioarchivists.org/conference/2009/conference2009.html). For
more information, see the website or contact Ron Davidson at the address
below.

Ron Davidson

Conference Program Chair

Archives Librarian