[SOA] OhioDIG Meeting: User-Centered Design Case Study, 4/3

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 26 16:57:08 EST 2009

Please save the date -- All are welcome to attend!

The Spring 2009 OhioDIG (Ohio digitization interest group) meeting
take place Friday, April 3, 2009, 11am-1pm at Northwest Library Meeting
Room, 2280 Hard Rd. Columbus, OH 43235.

*Meeting Details*

11:15 am - 12:00 pm

Presentation: Extreme Makeover: A User-Centered Redesign of the
Worthington Libraries Web Site

Speaker: Kara Reuter, Digital Library Manager, Worthington Libraries

Library Web sites must serve a wide variety of audiences who seek to
accomplish many different tasks. This presentation will outline the
comprehensive, user-centered process used by Worthington Libraries to
complete the recent redesign of our library Web site
(http://worthingtonlibraries.org).

Learn how we used familiar methods, such as focus group discussions,
surveys, and user testing, and less used approaches, such as
card-sorting exercises and sticky-note sessions to gather feedback from
members of our community and from library staff regarding their
expectations of the library's Web site. Find out how we incorporated the
extensive feedback we gathered to deliver a usable new Web site and
dynamic online presence.

12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
*Lunch and Discussion*
Lunch will be a la Brown Bag in the meeting room.  A kitchenette
equipped with refrigerator and microwave for your convenience is located
adjacent to the Meeting Room.  Beverage vending machines are located in
the lobby.

*RSVP *
Please RSVP to Susan Allen (sallen at worthingtonlibraries.org;
614-807-2614) by March 20th if you plan to attend.

*Directions*
Northwest Library is situated just north of the I-270 Outerbelt and west
of OH-315, indicated by the #2 marker on the map linked from the library
web site http://www.worthingtonlibraries.org/visit/locations/northwest*. *

*Parking*
Ample free parking is available at Northwest Library.
______________________________

OhioDIG, the Ohio digitization interest group for archivists,
librarians, and allied professionals, meets quarterly in the central
Ohio area for presentations and networking.

Meetings, 11:15 AM–1 PM, consist of a 45-minute presentation, followed
by a "brown bag" lunch with all-attendee updates and networking.

There is no membership fee and no charge to attend meetings. All are
welcome! Upcoming meetings are announced (and RSVP's requested) through
the OhioDIG Listerv. For more information on a specific meeting, contact
that meeting's host.

Web: http://www.ohiodig.org/
Listserv: http://listserv.oclc.org/archives/OhioDIG.html
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9156743698