[SOA] Seminar: Cultural Heritage @ Risk Nov 10

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 30 09:43:55 EDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [OPC List] Fwd: Seminar: Cultural Heritage @ Risk
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:24:31 -0400
From: Sue Dunlap <SDUNLAP at wooster.edu>
To: <walter at list.ohionet.org>

Announcing a full-day seminar at the Wexner Center for the Arts on the
campus of The Ohio State University. The conference is presented by the
Heartland Chapter of the IFCPP.

On behalf of the Heartland Chapter of the International Foundation for
Cultural Property Protection (http://ifcpp.org/ ), we would like to
invite you to attend a seminar November 10th 2009 at the Wexner Center
for the Arts (http://wexarts.org/ ).

The seminar is titled Cultural Heritage at Risk: Art and Book Theft:
Past, Present and Future. This is  conference for curators, librarians,
registrars, archivists, security and law enforcement officers, private
collectors, and any persons responsible for cultural property protection.

More details:
http://www.ifcpp.org/component/option,com_eventlist/Itemid,22/id,7/view,details/

Too often we are isolated within our sphere of expertise and influence,
this conference is engineered to gather colleagues from across the
spectrum to enhance your network and foster new approaches. It also
seems Hollywood has shaped the way others view theft in the art world.
We will explore the past, present and future of cultural property
protection, separate fact from fiction and provide tools that you can
use to shape your institution.

Space is limited.

Douglas McGrew, CIPM II
Manager, Security Operations