[SOA] MAC invites you to attend the 2010 Fall Symposium on User Studies!

Cobb,Judith cobbj at oclc.org
Fri Sep 17 08:49:34 EDT 2010

MAC invites you to attend the 2010 Fall Symposium on User Studies!

When:  5 PM, Thursday, October 21 through 11:30 AM, Saturday, October 23

Where:  Wright State University's Ervin J. Nutter Center, Dayton, Ohio

Cost:  $100 for MAC members, $150 for nonmembers, $20 for students

Hotel rate deadline: Monday, September 20, 2010

Registration link:
http://www.midwestarchives.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=102521&orgId=midwes
tarc

The symposium will focus on how to implement user-based archives
evaluation at your repository.  Participants will leave the symposium
not only with an good understanding of methodologies employed in user
studies, but also with a customized survey or focus group protocol ready
for implementation.

Rick Pifer will begin the symposium by exploring the concept of
user-centered archives and its real-world manifestations.
Beth Yakel will then invite us to consider how to elicit important
information from archives users and introduce us to a variety of
user-based evaluation methods.

Chris Prom and Ciaran Trace will provide in-depth training in the
construction of surveys and focus-group protocols and provide direction
in analyzing the results of user studies.

We will have ample time for small group work, during which we will
construct a survey or focus group protocol tailored to our institutional
needs.  Facilitators will be on-hand to provide guidance in this
process.

To register and find full information, please visit MAC's web site:
http://www.midwestarchives.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=102521&orgId=midwes
tarc

----

Adriana P. Cuervo, CA

Assistant Archivist for Music and Fine Arts

Sousa Archives and Center for American Music

1103 S. Sixth Street, MC-524, Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217-244-9309  Fax: 217-244-8695

University of Illinois Library - Uncover and Discover