[SOA] Internship Inquiry

Jacky Johnson johnson.jacky324 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:08:45 EST 2011

Hello all, I just received an email from an Ph.D. student from Union College
in Cincinnati, Ohio. She is seeking a volunteer internship opportunity.  I
am not aware if this is relavant to your collection but she asked me to
contact my colleagues in Ohio. Her message and contact information are all
below.

Also, please send me your names as well and contact information so I may too
forward them to her.  I am using this information to create a skills guide.

Her message is below.
My name is Angela Walker. I am an MLK scholar in my Ph.D. program at Union
(in Cincinnati). As a student in the MLK specialization, I must complete an
internship of 150 hours beginning around February 1st. I wanted to--as a
part of this internship--begin the process of developing a documentary on
the work of Dr. King in Ohio and abroad. I am particularly exploring King's
sermons and their ability to motivate people toward direct social action. My
internship should somehow deepen my skills in research and the develop the
focus of my documentary. Are any of your colleagues in need of an intern?

Angela Walker
angelvwalk at gmail.com

Thanks for your consideration. Please let me know if you can assist her.

Peace,
Jacky Johnson
SOA Education Committee