[SOA] The MAC Presidents' Award - call for nominations from Ohio

Bain, George bain at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:02:47 EST 2011

Folks,
With the deadline coming up the middle of January, here's a call for nominations from the archival community in Ohio.

I'lll be happy to assist with preparing the nomination if you need; you of course can prepare and submit on your own but I do ask that you add me into the loop.

So, here, fyi is what it's all about--as stated in general on the MAC Web site:

The MAC Presidents' Award was established in 1986 as a means for MAC to recognize significant contributions to the archival profession by individuals, institutions, and organizations not directly involved in archival work but knowledgeable about its purpose and value. Recipients are chosen by a committee comprising the three most recent past presidents of MAC from nominations submitted by committees in each of the 13 states in the MAC region. At the state level, nominations may be made by contacting the state chair directly, or through solicitation of nominations by the chair or members of the state committee. Each state committee may put forward only one nomination per year. As many as three awards may be presented each year. Recipients are invited to attend the members' meeting held at MAC's annual meeting in the spring to receive their certificates.

Check out <http://www.midwestarchives.org/presidents-award> for more detailed information.

Again, fyi, work in Ohio has been recognized in recent years; you have the best eyes and ears for helping the Committee do its best possible work. Hope to hear from you soon.
George, state chair for Ohio