[SOA] 2013 Archival Program Graduates Job Placement Survey - Call for Pariticipation

MATTHEW R FRANCIS mrf22 at psu.edu
Tue Apr 8 11:51:20 EDT 2014

[Please excuse cross-posting]

Greetings,

My name is Matt Francis and I am a researcher at Penn State University where I am studying job placement for 2013 graduates from graduate level academic programs with archival studies concentrations. Consequently, if you graduated from a school with an archival studies concentration in 2013, I hope that you will strongly consider taking this survey:

2013 Archival Program Graduates Job Placement Survey

( https://surveys.libraries.psu.edu/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=2013-archival-progra )

Over the past few years there have been several significant conversations in our profession about job placement for recent graduates, but unfortunately there has been a lack of job placement data for individuals to reference during these dialogues. 2013 graduates, by taking the time to participate in this study you will help rectify this lack of entry-level employment data and as a result you will be providing us with new insights into this important topic.

For everyone considering participating, I want to let you know that this study and the accompanying survey tool have been approved by the Penn State University Institutional Review Board (IRB #:45311). In order to protect anonymity of participants there is no registration, no recording of names, no recording of job titles, and no required questions to answer. To further protect privacy, as the principal investigator I will be the only person with access to individual survey result sheets. Any scholarship produced based on this data set will be limited to citing aggregated data, select crosstabs, and limited individual question responses that will protect the identities of respondents.

Depending on the answers that you provide the survey will consist of seven to fifteen questions, and should take no longer than ten minutes to complete. The survey will remain open until May 4th , at which point it will not accept any new responses. In order to generate as large of a pool of respondents as possible, this survey is being disseminated through multiple channels. If you choose to participate, please make sure that you only respond to the survey one time. For anyone who is reading this that is not a 2013 graduate, but who wants to help this study succeed, I encourage you to take the time to distribute this message and survey to other potential respondents.

If you have any questions about any aspect of this study, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at mrf22 at psu.edu . Thank you so much for your time and participation, I truly appreciate it.

-Matt Francis

Matt Francis
Archivist for Collection Management