[SOA] FW: Battelle Records Management Intern

Noonan, Daniel (Dan) noonan.37 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:10:07 EST 2014

Records Management Internship @ Battelle> Job Title: Records Management Intern
Req Id 11465- Posted 01/16/2014 - COLUMBUS - Ohio
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most
important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making
the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and
tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health,
manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a
passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Records Management Intern to work at our Columbus, OH location. We are seeking a student that
can work either part-time during the school year, transitioning to full-time in the summer -OR- a summer intern.
RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform clerical work on hard copy and electronic records.
* Tasks involve processing documents into an electronic record keeping system, creating and running database queries,
designing database reports, and filing and processing paper records.
* Maintains accurate and complete files both electronically and in hard-copy; sort, file, locate and retrieve materials and
information; enter data using computer terminal to create, revise, or supplement files.
* Data entry, completes on-line forms with information found or supplied by others.
* Checks or assemble numerical, statistical or financial information for accuracy and completeness.
* Interact with and assist others to resolve inquiries and complaints which may require research; answer routine requests for
information.
* Creates and edits documents, forms, and labels.
* Drafts summaries and reports of compiled information.
* Contacts other staff and outside parties regularly to exchange information or respond to business correspondence.
* Answers telephone, deliver messages, greet visitors, distributes reports and run errands to include moving and/or lifting
boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds.
* Uses equipment to copy and/or scan documents, including running optical character recognition software on files.
* Work will be done under supervision and requires an in-depth knowledge of MS Office suite and database applications.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Library Science, Business, History, and English or a closely related field
* Oral and written communication skills normally acquired through completion of high school curriculum
* Minimum GPA of 3.0
* In depth knowledge of and ability to use MS Office suite and database software
* Ability to prioritize, schedule and organize work
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital
status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers