[SOA] Call for SOA Educational Programming Committee members

Shelley Blundell blundell.shelley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 10:17:55 EDT 2015

Good morning to all of my fellow SOA members,

My name is Shelley Blundell and I am the newly elected Educational
Programming Committee Chair for SOA.

As some of you may know, the committee's primary charge is organizing the
spring conference, as well as coordinating other educational programming
initiatives and collaborations with organizations such as the Ohio History
Connection and the Ohio Local History Alliance.

As the old adage goes, many hands make light work, so I would like to take
this opportunity to ask you to please consider joining the Educational
Programming Committee as a new or returning member.

As a member of the committee, we will convene via web conference once a
month for the next few months, and then two to three times a month as the
spring conference draws closer, to discuss, plan, and organize upcoming
events (most particularly the Spring conference). You may also receive
requests to volunteer for events such as the Ohio Local History Alliance
Conference in the fall, and to work on groups planning the various facets
of the Spring conference, as well as continuing education endeavors.

I am incredibly honored and excited to be a part of this committee, and to
assist in furthering the mission of the Society of Archivists through the
planning of the Spring conference and continuing education opportunities
for those in the archival/information field. If you would like to join the
committee, please contact me and Suzanne Maggard Reller via email by August
28. My email address is blundell.shelley at gmail.com, and Suzanne's email is
suzanne.maggard at uc.edu. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any
questions you might have if there are additional things you wish to know
before making a decision to serve.

I look forward to hearing from those interested in the Educational
Programming Committee, and I wish you all a wonderful rest of your week
(and for those attending SAA in Cleveland next week, a fabulous conference
experience)!

Kindest regards,

Shelley Blundell
Ph.D., M.L.I.S.