[SOA] ARSC Conference 2016: Save the Dates Reminder

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Dec 10 10:35:35 EST 2015

From: Anna-Maria Manuel [mailto:hopegorman at comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 10:56 PM
To: SAA Student Discussion List
Subject: [students] ARSC Conference 2016: Save the Dates Reminder

The Outreach Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections

(ARSC) posts the following message.

--- SAVE THE DATES: 2016 ARSC CONFERENCE, BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA ---

2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Association for

Recorded Sound Collections.

For our 50th annual conference, we return to the location of our first one .

. . Bloomington, Indiana! The conference will be held May 11-14, 2016, in

Bloomington, Indiana, and is hosted by Indiana University at Bloomington.

"Recorded Sound in the 21st Century: Preserving, Collecting, Collaborating &

Connecting" is the theme for the conference.

The pre-conference workshop will be held May 10-11, 2016 in IU's new

facility for the Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative. This

two-day workshop is an audio-archiving boot camp based on the recently

published "ARSC Guide to Audio Preservation."