[SOA] Submissions for Archives Month poster for 2015

George Bain bain at ohio.edu
Mon Jun 1 08:41:52 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

It is belated but the SOA Archives Month group now invites you to submit
photos or images that will be considered for the 2015 Archives Month
poster. Please submit your entries by Tuesday, June 16.

Our group will then review them, and anticipates having members have a
hand in choosing favorites for this year.

We are looking for photos, documents and graphic items that will
elucidate our theme of “Local / Global,” i.e., people, events or places
that are significant not only in or for Ohio but also significant either
nationally or globally. This is a theme that may be used—with an altered
emphasis—over more than this year, so go ahead and submit a variety of
possibilities! Here is a list of general categories that we have in mind:

·Government and politics

·STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)

·Literary, performing, and graphic arts

·Business, commerce and industry

·Health and medical arts

·Military affairs

·More specifically, the First World War

·Athletics and entertainment

Next, here is where to submit your
candidates:http://www.ohioarchivists.org/archives_month_posters/submission-form-for-archives-month-poster-2015/

Please complete the form and then hit the “next” button to upload them.

Remember, the deadline is Tuesday, June 16, just over two weeks from
now. We look forward to receiving your submissions. Thank you.

  George Bain, co-chair, SOA Advocacy & Outreach Committee