[SOA] FW: Job: archivist/librarian @ ODNR/Division of Geological Survey

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 10 09:59:47 EDT 2015

From: Thomas.Serenko at dnr.state.oh.us<mailto:Thomas.Serenko at dnr.state.oh.us> [mailto:Thomas.Serenko at dnr.state.oh.us]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 2:13 PM
To: Boomgaarden, Wesley
Subject: archivist/librarian

This message was sent securely using ZixCorp.<http://www.zixcorp.com/get-started/>

Dear Wes,

Cindi Flanagan has accompanied her husband on a relocation to Pennsylvania.  We will miss her greatly.  She suggested that we contact you when her replacement position becomes available.

The Division of Geological Survey at the Ohio Department of Natural Resources is thus seeking an archivist. For a complete job description, including a list of duties and qualifications, see the posting on the State of Ohio Hiring Management System website:  http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ohio/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1234915

Founded in 1837 and traditionally known as the Ohio Geological Survey, our agency is the oldest natural resources institution in Ohio. We research and map the state's geology to support industry, commerce, environment, public safety, and education. As Ohio's permanent archive and public access point for geologic data, our collections include books, manuscripts, maps, fossil and rock specimens, photos, and electronic files which have been collected for nearly 180 years.

The Survey archivist offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for someone with an interest in the sciences. I would be grateful if you could distribute this posting to whomever may find it of interest.

Sincerely,

[SerenkoSignature (2)]
Thomas J. Serenko
Division Chief and State Geologist
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
2045 Morse Rd.    Building C-1
Columbus, Ohio  43229-6693
614-265-6598
Thomas.Serenko at dnr.state.oh.us<mailto:Thomas.Serenko at dnr.state.oh.us>

This message was secured by ZixCorp<http://www.zixcorp.com>(R).
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY | Office of the Chief Information Officer
Why was this message secured?<http://ocio.osu.edu/KB03816> Visit us online<http://ocio.osu.edu/> for news, system status, and access to IT help and services.