[SOA] New SOA logo

Jillian Carney via OHIOARCHIVISTS ohioarchivists at lists.oplin.org
Fri May 12 15:05:11 EDT 2017

Hello,

The Society of Ohio Archivists Council is excited to introduce a new logo (attached) that symbolizes modern archives. It was also important to Council that the new logo was accessible and representative of Ohio archives.

This new Ohio-shaped logo includes examples of different formats that archives collect, including manuscripts and photographs; books and bound volumes; and born-digital and digital surrogates. The lines and squares are varying shapes and sizes, symbolizing that no matter how large or small a collection may be, each one is important in telling the stories of the people, places and events found in our archives.

Over the coming months Council will be working to update the SOA web properties with the new logo. The new logo will begin appearing in the Ohio Archivist this fall. If you are in need of a copy of the new SOA logo for your website, please contact Betsy Hedler at ehedler at ohiohistory.org<mailto:ehedler at ohiohistory.org>.

If you have any questions regarding the new logo, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you,

Jillian Carney
President, 2015-2017

Jillian Carney | Manager, Digital Services
Ohio History Connection | 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43211
p. 614.297.2578 | f. 614.297.2546  | jcarney at ohiohistory.org<mailto:jcarney at ohiohistory.org>
[ohio history facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/ohiohistoricalsociety> [ohio history twitter] <https://twitter.com/ohiohistory>
The Ohio History Connection's mission<https://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us> is to spark discovery of Ohio's stories. Embrace the present, share the past and transform the future.