[SOA] Discussion topic at annual meeting: Immigration and Naturalization

Anne Salsich Anne.Salsich at oberlin.edu
Wed Jan 3 10:04:38 EST 2018

While I don’t have a session proposal, I wonder if anyone might be thinking about addressing the issue of immigration.  Fifty-three years ago, three years before the formation of SOA, Congress passed the Immigration and Naturalization Act.  The intentions of this legislation are being subverted by the current administration.  To what degree do Ohio archives shed light on 53 years of immigration and naturalization under the 1965 legislation? Can researchers find significant documentation in Ohio’s repositories on late 20th century immigration policy and its effect on life in Ohio?

Just throwing this out there.

Anne

Anne Cuyler Salsich, CA
Associate Archivist