[SOA] what to do with trophies

Barb Sedlock bsedlock at defiance.edu
Wed Jan 10 09:52:55 EST 2018

This has to do with school/college archives.

Athletics dept. contacted me for advice on what to do with masses of
old athletic trophies that are currently in a storeroom but they won't
have room for when renovations are done.  We don't have room in the
library's archives area.  What do your colleges/schools do about
archiving old trophies?

My gut reaction is that the alumni won't be happy if a trophy they
helped earn goes into the trash.  Yet the athletics dept. said that
many of them haven't been touched for decades.  So maybe nobody will
care...?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Barb Sedlock