[SOA] prepping enclosed wooden book case

Barb Sedlock bsedlock at defiance.edu
Mon Apr 15 14:02:49 EDT 2019

I received a query from a retiring professor who is moving their
personal book collection from office to home.  They asked whether
anything needed to be done to "prep" an enclosed (glass front doors)
wooden book case to store books in long-term, for best preservation
purposes.  They asked if they needed to enclose silica gel packets to
keep the moisture down.  Should the shelves be lined with anything, or
will setting the books on polished wood be OK?

We don't have any enclosed book cases in our library so I don't know
how to advise them, and am hoping the collective wisdom of this group
can help.
Thanks,
Barb Sedlock
bsedlock at defiance.edu

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may