[SOA] I Found It In the Archives Blog

Natalie Fritz nataliemfritz3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:33:14 EDT 2019

The Advocacy and Outreach Committee has created a new blog feature based on
the prior “I Found It in the Archives Contest” where *anyone* who has
discovered a “treasure” while searching an archive can share that discovery
on the Society of Ohio Archivists’ Web-page. This includes researchers,
volunteers, and staff who may have stories about wonderful discoveries
they'd like to share.

To make an entry, please visit our Google Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdM4G6c8nHdpsQuruM7KLj55ymbfBeTIdW-_z9I8hR7Y8gIrg/viewform>
and complete the required questions as well as uploading an image of your
“treasure” if possible.

The entries will be reviewed and posted on a rolling basis. You will be
contacted when your entry has been posted.

For all questions, concerns, and comments, please contact us at
ifiita.blog at gmail.com

Since March marks the anniversary when Ohio became a state, the first
archives story shared comes from the Ohio History Connection about our
state flag:
http://www.ohioarchivists.org/i-found-it-in-the-archives-ohio-state-flag-patent/

Please encourage your archives users to share stories and feel free to
share your own! We'd love to work towards building up a collection of
stories that highlight archival discoveries. It would be great to be able
to share those stories when we get to archives month in October!

Thank you,

Natalie
Advocacy and Outreach Committee co-chair

Natalie Fritz
Curator of Library & Archives
Clark County Historical Society at the Heritage Center
117 S. Fountain Avenue
Springfield, OH 45502
937-324-0657 ext. 234
nataliemfritz3 at gmail.com