[SOA] Ohio Health Sciences Library Association seeking volunteer Archivist

Donald Pearson dpearso7 at kent.edu
Thu Feb 11 11:52:23 EST 2021

Hello Ohio library colleagues,

The Ohio Health Sciences Library Association (OHSLA)
<https://www.ohsla.info> is seeking help to update our organization's
archives. We are in need of a volunteer archivist to serve on our Executive
Committee.

The OHSLA Archivist is a non-voting member of the Executive Committee
<http://ohsla.info/page-1355984>, appointed by the OHSLA President. Duties
include organizing and maintaining the archival records of OHSLA in an
accessible, controlled climate; taking photographs at meetings for the
organization's web site, newsletter and archives; and ensuring adherence to
the OHSLA Document Retention Schedule.

This is an opportunity to learn about archiving and interact with The Ohio
State University Medical Heritage Center
<https://hsl.osu.edu/dept/medical-heritage-center>, which is the repository
for all paper documents and physical objects of OHSLA.

This position is an unpaid, volunteer office but can be used to earn Medical
Library Association AHIP points <https://www.mlanet.org/academy> or other
professional service credits.  This is a great opportunity to learn about
the process of archiving and connect with medical and academic librarians
across the state of Ohio. The archivist would be asked to join OHSLA
<http://ohsla.info/join> at $15 per year dues, or $5 for current library
students.

Please contact me to express interest: dpearso7 at kent.edu

Sincerely,
Donald Pearson, MTS, MBA, MLIS, AHIP
President, Ohio Health Sciences Library Association
Specialization in Disaster Information, Level II, Medical Library
Association, received 2020
Specialization in Consumer Health Information, Level II, Medical Library
Association, received 2017 - 2023