[SOA] CFP: Ohio Local History Alliance 2021 Annual Meeting due 2/16

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 22 10:06:19 EST 2021

Call for Session Proposals - Ohio Local History Alliance 2021 Annual Meeting - "Challenge Accepted: Overcoming Obstacles"
Do you have a great idea you'd like to share with the local history community? The Alliance is now accepting session proposals for the 2021 Annual Meeting. [NOTE: SOA usually also has its own session track<https://ohioarchivists.org/annual_conference/#fall> within the Alliance's meeting. But SOAers are also on the main program.]
We haven't yet determined whether the meeting will be held online or in person, but mark your calendars for the beginning of October, regardless.
It is our hope that the theme will inspire proposals that reflect a variety of ways that individuals have experienced obstacles. We encourage sessions that address the creative ways your organization has overcome the pandemic or other obstacles. We also hope to include content sessions about individuals or groups who overcame the obstacles of racism, sexism, economic insecurity, religious discrimination, or other barriers to full participation in American society. We also welcome sessions on any aspect of public history theory and practice. Submissions are due February 16, 2021.
Download a Session Proposal Form here.<https://ohiolha.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2021-Annual-Conference-Session-Proposal.pdf>

The Ohio Local History Alliance reserves the right to evaluate all proposals and to schedule those that accomplish the goal of a balanced program.

For questions about session proposals or the conference itself, please contact: Dr. Betsy Hedler, Executive Secretary, Ohio Local History Alliance,  ehedler at ohiohistory.org<mailto:ehedler at ohiohistory.org>

Janet Carleton & Amanda Rindler
Cochairs, Marketing and Communications Committee<https://ohioarchivists.org/marketing/>, Society of Ohio Archivists<https://ohioarchivists.org/>
Connect with Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/groups/13967250428/> | Flickr<https://www.flickr.com/photos/ohioarchivists/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4344207/> | Listserv<https://ohioarchivists.org/listserv/> | Pinterest<http://www.pinterest.com/ohioarchivists/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ohioarchivists> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4XEQwaiQ2yINYjGIM5B-Yw>
[soa-new-logo-200px]
Janet Carleton | Working from home
Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Preservation and Digital Initiatives | University Libraries | Alden 333 | 1 Ohio University | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | http://media.library.ohio.edu<http://media.library.ohio.edu/>