[SOA] Help! I need WCTU photos and documents for Let Ohio Women Vote documentary

Sherri Goudy sherrigoudy14 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:47:16 EDT 2021

I am looking for a quick response to the below information I received from
Ann Rolante at Think TV. I had requested some information last year about
the documentary they are doing called "Let Ohio Women Vote." Now that the
final touches on the documentary are being done, she is looking for a
handful of photos, news clippings, or other documents to include about Ohio
and the WCTU. Any archives, libraries, or museums who have information
please reach out to me, ASAP. Below is an excerpt from what Ann sent to me
and a link to the latest promo trailer for the documentary.

*"We're getting close to finishing up the documentary "Let Ohio Women
Vote." And I'm short a few visuals. I was wondering if you might be able to
point me in the right direction.*

*Specifically - I'm trying to figure out what archives hold materials for
the Women's Christian Temperance Union. In the doc we talk about the
importance of the organization with its founding in Ohio, and how their
little-known campaigns to raise the age of consent may be what helped
turned many temperance women into suffragists.*

*I'm on the lookout for photographs, engravings, or illustrations, but I'm
also interested in newspaper headlines, broadsides, handbills, etc.*

*Please let me know if any sources of these materials come to mind. I just
need a handful but it's proving hard to track them down.*

*If you want to see a little more about the documentary, we have a new
promo here:*
*https://thinktv.org/let-ohio-women-vote/
<https://thinktv.org/let-ohio-women-vote/>"*

If your archival or museum collections have WCTU materials, or if you know
which Ohio repositories may have such things,  I can be reached at
sherrigoudy14 at gmail.com or by phone at 567-356-7817.

Thanks everyone!

Sherri Goudy (she, hers)
Independent Archivist, Researcher, and Writer
567-356-7817

"The myth of rugged individualism is a lie...by building coalitions in
community, anything is possible." ~ India Walton