[SOA] MAC Call for Session Proposals: Madison, WI 2022

Sherri Goudy sherrigoudy14 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:42:57 EDT 2021

*MAC 2022: Call for Proposals*

Celebrating its 50th anniversary and first in-person meeting in three
years, the Midwest Archives Conference will hold its 2022 Annual Meeting
May 5-7, 2022 at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club in
Madison, Wisconsin. Located on the ancestral lands of the Ho-Chunk
(Winnebago) Nation, Madison is known for its extensive parks and bike
trails, organic architecture, and scenic lakes.

The Wisconsin state motto is “Forward,” which provides a useful lens
through which to examine the archival profession. What are some of the
professional, environmental, societal, and cultural factors that affect the
way we move forward, the way we see trends, and the way we identify
challenges and opportunities?

The Program Committee invites session proposals touching on the 2022
theme “*Moving
Archives Forward*” from all areas of archival practice and research and
from allied fields. The Program Committee particularly encourages
submissions from newer professionals and members of underrepresented
groups. Membership is not required. Presenters may submit more than one
proposal, but may present only one session OR poster.

*Do you have an idea for a proposal but no one to present with? Connect
with colleagues on the **MAC 2022 Brainstorming form*
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g62iTcDgaZgE2oU1VulTwgPm0Sw4KH1lLiLhsFvVc4A/edit?usp=sharing>
*! *

The deadline for submitting proposals is *Wednesday, September 8**th *at
5pm CST.  For a list of possible topics and details about the proposal
process, visit the MAC 2022 Call for Session Proposals website.
<https://www.midwestarchives.org/2022-call-for-session-proposals>

Sherri

Sherri Goudy
President, Society of Ohio Archivists
Independent Archivist, Researcher, and Writer
567-356-7817
*"The myth of rugged individualism is a lie...by building coalitions in
community, anything is possible." ~ India Walton*