[SOA] LYRASIS Classes June 2021

Annie Peterson Annie.Peterson at lyrasis.org
Wed Jun 2 16:17:40 EDT 2021

[LYRASIS Logo]

Classes

View Our Scheduled Classes<https://www.lyrasis.org/services/Pages/Classes.aspx>
[Computer keyboard illuminated in red and blue light]

June Classes Spotlight
Annotations and IIIF<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=68094A43-D16F-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721>

Wednesday, June 15, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET

Instructor: Glen Robson

One of the most exciting aspects of working with historical collections is when items can be annotated, either through crowdsourcing or machine generated annotations. This session will cover how annotations work with IIIF and how you can use off the shelf tools to run crowdsourcing or remote teaching use cases for annotating your IIIF collection. The IIIF standards are a set of a community-driven set of technologies developed by world-leading research, national and state libraries, archives, museums, companies, and image repositories. The combination of standardized ways of accessing images and a/v material and its integration of the W3C web annotation format puts IIIF in a unique position to support the development of annotation tools and many have been released as open source.
[IIIF logo]
Register Now<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=68094A43-D16F-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721>

LYRASIS Learning New Subscriber Discount
Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning before June 30th, 2021, and receive a 5% discount on your first year. Subscribe for access to all of our live, online classes and our entire Learning Library of recorded classes, for everyone at your institution. Find more about LYRASIS Learning, including pricing, on our website<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/LYRASIS-Learning.aspx>, and complete the form<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/LYRASIS-Learning.aspx> to get a quote for your institution.

June Online Classes:

Creating and Preserving Oral Histories<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=B22D5D86-C985-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/3

Accessibility for All: Training Librarians and Auditing Materials for Accessibility Issues<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=0B0FB25A-C160-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/8

Make That Decision: Strategies for Becoming a Better Decision Maker<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=2670A482-491D-EB11-80ED-00155DE5EC03> - 6/9
[San Jose State University logo]
Annotations and IIIF<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=68094A43-D16F-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/15
[IIIF logo]
Introduction to Emergency Digital Collecting<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=D25BA465-FC80-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/16

LYRASIS Trending Topics - The LYRASIS 2021 Open Source Software Survey<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=4983324A-AE60-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/18

Accessibility for Online Instruction<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=2694D137-EC7D-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> (*Multi-Session Event) - 6/23 and 6/24

Web Archiving: An Introduction to Basic Concepts and Tools<https://www.lyrasis.org/Content/Pages/Event-Details.aspx?Eid=2CB0983F-C985-EB11-80EF-00155D0A2721> - 6/30

 LYRASIS Learning<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/LYRASIS-Learning.aspx>

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information on our website<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/LYRASIS-Learning.aspx> or contact membersupport at lyrasis.org<mailto:membersupport at lyrasis.org>.

LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309