[SOA] Using SharePoint in archives

Sophia McGuire Sophia.McGuire at oppeace.org
Thu Apr 28 12:28:05 EDT 2022

Hello everyone!

I am curious if any organizations use SharePoint for storing media, tagging metadata, front-end searching, or any other way in an archival setting. If so, do you mind sharing some pros and cons? For context, I am one of two newly-hired archivists in the Dominican Sisters of Peace. Right now the archives uses Excel and Access in different ways to maintain information, but we are beginning to research options for cataloging and storing digital objects. We are familiar with the big ones, but SharePoint is something that the other archivist and I do not have much personal experience with. I appreciate any information you might be able to share!

Thank you,
Sophia

Sophia McGuire Jewell
Assistant Director of Archives