[SOA] FW: Reminder: Call for Proposals: OVGTSL 2023

Carleton, Janet (she/her) carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Dec 9 11:39:23 EST 2022

From: 'laura.... at eku.edu' via ALAO Member List <list at alaoweb.org<mailto:list at alaoweb.org>>
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2022 9:00 AM
To: ALAO Member List <list at alaoweb.org<mailto:list at alaoweb.org>>
Subject: [External] [ALAO] Reminder: Call for Proposals: OVGTSL 2023

Use caution with links and attachments.

Call for Proposals:

 Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians 2023 Conference

Ongoing Challenges, Creative Solutions

May 18-19, 2023-Richmond, KY

https://encompass.eku.edu/ovgtsl2023/

 Challenges often confront technical services library staff from a variety of angles, whether from within our departments, library organization, community, or other outside influences. At the OVGTSL 2023 Conference, we wish to highlight creative approaches to meeting new and ongoing challenges in technical services, including electronic resources, acquisitions, cataloging and metadata, open access initiatives, serials, and more. Our goal is to inspire our creative problem-solving abilities so we can continue moving forward, equipped and ready to advance our important work.

 How have you responded to ongoing or new challenges that have affected workflows, budgeting and licensing considerations, patron access to materials, staffing, and more? Do you have a unique experience or resolution to a challenge to share? Observations that can benefit our technical services community or other connected library groups? OVGTSL conference presentations are valuable sources for practical, highly useful information. You can add your expertise to help and inspire our colleagues!

 Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

 Sources of inspiration

  *   DEI
  *   Cross-departmental collaboration and beyond
  *   Emerging trends in discovery and access
  *   Data-driven decision making
  *   Tools and processes for large-scale editing of metadata (OpenRefine, MarcEdit, etc.)
  *   Open access, including open educational resources
  *   Primary resources and rare collections
  *   Electronic resources lifecycle management
  *   Evolving technical services workflows
  *   Training and supporting staff
  *   Department reorganization
  *   Collection assessment
  *   Large scale weeding projects
  *   Print and/or acquisitions management
  *   Work-life balance

The sessions will be on May 18 & 19, 2023. Time slots for all sessions are 50 minutes, including time for questions from the audience. Submissions for presentations, panel discussions, lightning rounds, workshops, posters, and other formats are welcome.

The conference will be hybrid so the audience can attend in person or virtually. The presenters will attend on-site at the Richmond conference. The sessions will be recorded for registrants to access for two months after the conference.

Proposal form: https://forms.gle/QgHKNifCgnnZuBKp7<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FQgHKNifCgnnZuBKp7&data=05%7C01%7Ccarleton%40ohio.edu%7C6a24025aae8f46dafa6c08dada03e10e%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638062007448060504%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=J0NVa%2Bv1%2FlltWfGPhK8N9LY1YE8Ijy8GyNzu5HvEBvw%3D&reserved=0>

Proposals due: December 19, 2022

Notification of accept or decline: late January 2023

If you have questions, please contact Laura Edwards, Chair of OVGTSL and host of the 2023 Conference: laura.edwards at eku.edu<mailto:laura.edwards at eku.edu?subject=OVGTSL%202023%20questions>

The Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL) was founded in 1924 and draws its membership from the states of Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. The annual conference rotates among these three states on a regular basis. Membership is open to anyone interested in library technical services. OVGTSL website: https://ovgtslibrarians.org/<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fovgtslibrarians.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7Ccarleton%40ohio.edu%7C6a24025aae8f46dafa6c08dada03e10e%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638062007448060504%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=iZPtv1U7Z7u8gQQZbyP6PDPgV9aZqzA1Fj0ETr5mO9c%3D&reserved=0>

~Laura

Laura Edwards

Associate Director - Discovery and Metadata

Eastern Kentucky University Libraries<http://library.eku.edu/>

email: laura.edwards at eku.edu<mailto:laura.edwards at eku.edu> // tel: 859-622-1783