[SOA] Still time to register! ALAO SCAig 2022 Virtual Annual Workshop: DEI in Digitization

Henry Handley hhandley1 at udayton.edu
Tue May 10 08:00:00 EDT 2022

***Please excuse any cross-postings; feel free to share with other
colleagues and groups***

Dear all,

Registration for the SCAig 2022 Annual Workshop, “DEI in Digitization,”
will remain open until May 16th!

This virtual workshop will take place on Tuesday, May 17th from 3:00PM -
4:00PM EST over Zoom. A recording will be made available after the workshop
for those who cannot attend on the 17th.

The event will consist of two 30-minute presentations:

   -

   Principles & Practice for Accessible Cultural Heritage Digitization – Sidney
   Gao, Digital Collections Manager, University of Cincinnati
   -

   Appraisal and Selection for Digital Preservation – Nathan Tallman,
   Digital Preservation Librarian, Penn State University

For more information about our presenters and their talks, please visit our
webpage <https://www.alaoweb.org/scaig/>.

Register here! <https://www.alaoweb.org/event-4782841>

Registration is free for ALAO members, $10 for non-members. Consider becoming
an ALAO member <https://www.alaoweb.org/join> if you’re interested in
attending! An annual ALAO membership is free for students.

SCAig's annual meeting provides an opportunity to gather people with an
interest in special collections and archives to learn from changing and
continuing practices. With a virtual synchronous event, we hope to reach a
wide and diverse audience and to provide an event that demonstrates how we
can nurture and contribute to a more diverse and supportive work
environment in libraries and archives. In this time of upheaval,
maintaining connections and collections has become more important than ever.

We hope to see you there! If you have any questions, please contact
scaig-chairs at alaoweb.org off the list.

Sincerely,

Henry Handley, on behalf of the SCAig 2022 Annual Workshop Planning
Committee

Henry Handley (he/they)
Collections Librarian and Assistant Professor
Marian Library, University of Dayton
Hear my name <https://www.name-coach.com/henry-handley>