[SOA] Society of Southwest Archivists Call for Proposals

Amy Rohmiller arohmiller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:08:50 EDT 2022

The Society of Southwest Archivists
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.southwestarchivists.org/__;!!OM9vjFbZ-ciM28ekg__I!gq4sr8aN9BVGdmJ5nCUW7MIC-wC8D5ZvGF64kDaFHrkCB20uRwfUt04hg9F3-WhRLxVmghKXlwHzWmSPzynOmmaeEZBR$>
will host a hybrid annual meeting April 26-29, 2023, in Albuquerque, NM and
virtually. The theme this year is *Respect for Hybridity: Creating
Inclusive and Accessible Archives*, to represent all of the changes we have
witnessed in the world and within the archives profession.

Session proposals are welcome on any subject or skill relevant to the
archives or records management professions. Proposals will be evaluated on
the completeness of the description, the originality of the topic, and the
diversity of speakers. In addition, the Program Committee will prioritize
submissions with a strong equity, diversity, & inclusion component.

We hope that our hybrid format for 2023 will make our conference more
accessible for various groups, including those located outside the
Southwest region. We encourage proposal submissions from non-SSA members
and those located outside of the Southwest.

Find guidelines, a spreadsheet to facilitate collaborations, and the
submission form on the SSA Call For Proposals page
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/nm2023.southwestarchivists.org/call-for-proposals/__;!!OM9vjFbZ-ciM28ekg__I!gq4sr8aN9BVGdmJ5nCUW7MIC-wC8D5ZvGF64kDaFHrkCB20uRwfUt04hg9F3-WhRLxVmghKXlwHzWmSPzynOmqHfDb8t$>
.

The deadline for submission is *Friday, December 2nd, 2022. *

Thank you,

*Perla Camacho-Cedillo*

Reference Librarian | Angleton Branch

Brazoria County Library System

401 E Cedar Angleton, TX 77515

979-864-1519

PerlaC at bcls.lib.tx.us

[image: 1602183230568]

This message has been prepared or disseminated using resources owned by
Brazoria County and is subject to the County's policies on the use of
County provided technology. E-mail created or received through the County's
computer system by any County employee or official may be considered a
public record, subject to public inspection under the laws of the State of
Texas.