[SOA] Archives Month - Get involved and share you Ohio Archives!

Natalie Fritz nfritz at heritagecenter.us
Wed Sep 28 11:55:15 EDT 2022

October is American Archives Month and we hope you are all thinking of ways
to celebrate your own Ohio archives!  You can highlight and share your own
archive during Archives Month with things like special talks and
programming, exhibits, tours, and more!

You should be receiving (or have received) your Ohio Archives month poster
in the mail. We hope you display it proudly in your archive for people to
see!

The theme for this year was Healthcare in Ohio and we think you'll really
enjoy the design that celebrates Ohio's healthcare workers and medical
advances. Thank you again to all those who submitted images for
consideration!

In keeping with this year's poster theme, during October the Advocacy and
Outreach Committee will be highlighting medically related archives with
blog posts on the SOA website. Look out for those!

We want to let you know a fun way to get involved with both Archives Month
and Spooky Season by *joining us on Wednesday, October 28 to share scary
things from the archives*.  Have YOU run across anything creepy in your own
collection? Have you dealt with scary scenarios amongst the stacks?  Is
your building haunted?  We'll be taking to social media throughout the day
on October 28 and hope you share your own highlights across your own
accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. Share your own
"scary stuff" using the hashtag *#ScaryOHArchives*. Start thinking of
things to share now!

Thank you!

SOA Advocacy and Outreach Committee

Natalie Fritz
Archivist and Director of Collections Outreach & Social Media
Clark County Historical Society at the Heritage Center
117 S. Fountain Avenue
Springfield, OH 45502
937-324-0657 ext. 234
nfritz at heritagecenter.us