[SOA] SOA Bylaws Revision Task Force - Call for Volunteers

Matthew Francis m-francis.1 at onu.edu
Fri Sep 8 10:22:13 EDT 2023

Greetings SOA Members,

The SOA Council recently decided to form a task force that is charged with
providing SOA Council recommendations on possible updates to the SOA Bylaws
<https://ohioarchivists.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SOA-Constitution-and-Bylaws-2019.pdf>.
More specifically the task force has been asked to look at how the Bylaws
can better support:

   1. Increased democratization of organizational decision-making.
   2. The improved efficiency of Council administration.
   3. The identification, and where practical, reconciliation of
   differences between the SOA Council Manual and the SOA Constitution &
   Bylaws.

Our goal for the task force membership is to have representatives from SOA
Council, Committee co-chairs, and the general membership. *Consequently, if
you are interested in serving on this task force as a representative of the
general membership please contact me with your interest by Wednesday,
September 20th.*

*Additional information*

*Timeline - *We will work to get recommendations to SOA Council during the
Spring of 2024 in order to support Council bringing any suggested revisions
to the membership at the 2024 Annual Meeting.

*Time Commitment - *In support of trying to allow as much flexibility for
volunteers as possible, my goal is that after an initial virtual kick-off
meeting most of our work will be accomplished through email and Google
Docs. That said, if/as needed we will look to schedule additional virtual
meetings.

Thank you everyone for your consideration and please let me know if you
have any questions about the opportunity.

Best wishes.

-Matt

--
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://onu.edu&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw0UJR4pQLPAsHCSLb2YV55e>

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.instagram.com/ohionorthern/?hl%3Den&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw08cqCXsnU8KAdouaEm2YvK>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.facebook.com/OhioNorthern/&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw0XBB0C_fTKpA2VGhNVE9rY>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://twitter.com/ohionorthern?ref_src%3Dtwsrc%255Egoogle%257Ctwcamp%255Eserp%257Ctwgr%255Eauthor&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw1XbB7oIuTelHjYSMfEvW6B>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvdGjbOWVUkVJZVm0l-px7g&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw39LHQTRhAMOakLRdoLmQaK>
*Matt Francis (he/him/his)*
Archivist
Heterick Memorial Library