[SOA] Second Call for Volunteers - SOA Bylaws Revision Task Force

Matthew Francis m-francis.1 at onu.edu
Mon Sep 18 09:04:45 EDT 2023

Greetings SOA Members,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for expressing interest in serving
on the SOA Bylaws Revision Task Force is this Wednesday. The original call
for volunteers is below, and as always please let me know if you have any
questions.

Best wishes.

-Matt

--------------------------

The SOA Council recently decided to form a task force that is charged with
providing SOA Council recommendations on possible updates to the SOA Bylaws
<https://ohioarchivists.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/SOA-Constitution-and-Bylaws-2019.pdf>.
More specifically the task force has been asked to look at how the Bylaws
can better support:

   1. Increased democratization of organizational decision-making.
   2. The improved efficiency of Council administration.
   3. The identification, and where practical, reconciliation of
   differences between the SOA Council Manual and the SOA Constitution &
   Bylaws.

Our goal for the task force membership is to have representatives from SOA
Council, Committee co-chairs, and the general membership. *Consequently, if
you are interested in serving on this task force as a representative of the
general membership please contact me with your interest by Wednesday,
September 20th.*

*Additional information*

*Timeline - *We will work to get recommendations to SOA Council during the
Spring of 2024 in order to support Council bringing any suggested revisions
to the membership at the 2024 Annual Meeting.

*Time Commitment - *In support of trying to allow as much flexibility for
volunteers as possible, my goal is that after an initial virtual kick-off
meeting most of our work will be accomplished through email and Google
Docs. That said, if/as needed we will look to schedule additional virtual
meetings.

Thank you everyone for your consideration and please let me know if you
have any questions about the opportunity.

Best wishes.

-Matt

--
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://onu.edu&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw0UJR4pQLPAsHCSLb2YV55e>

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.instagram.com/ohionorthern/?hl%3Den&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw08cqCXsnU8KAdouaEm2YvK>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.facebook.com/OhioNorthern/&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw0XBB0C_fTKpA2VGhNVE9rY>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://twitter.com/ohionorthern?ref_src%3Dtwsrc%255Egoogle%257Ctwcamp%255Eserp%257Ctwgr%255Eauthor&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw1XbB7oIuTelHjYSMfEvW6B>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvdGjbOWVUkVJZVm0l-px7g&source=gmail-html&ust=1674825356087000&usg=AOvVaw39LHQTRhAMOakLRdoLmQaK>
*Matt Francis (he/him/his)*
Archivist
Heterick Memorial Library