[SOA] FW: Call for Nominations: MAC 2025 Election

Carleton, Janet (she/her) carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 1 09:05:13 EDT 2024

From: membership at midwestarchives.org <membership at midwestarchives.org>
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2024 9:00 AM
To: Carleton, Janet (she/her) <carleton at ohio.edu>
Subject: [External] Call for Nominations: MAC 2025 Election
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/oasis-prod01-unlayer/1637064092390-MAClogo_FC.png]

It takes many to raise a Midwestern archivist and Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) needs the ideas and energies of dedicated individuals who will continue its work to support and nurture our regional archives community.  MAC officers develop important leadership skills and deepen their ties to our region and profession as they help shape the future of the organization and the careers of its members.

For the 2025 upcoming MAC election, the Nominating Committee seeks candidates for the following roles:

  *   President (1 position, 2-year commitment)
  *   Secretary  (1 position, 2-year commitment, eligible for re-election)
  *   Council (2 positions, 3-year commitment, limited previous experience required)
  *   Nominating Committee (2 positions, 1-year commitment, limited previous experience required)

You can learn more about the positions at https://www.midwestarchives.org/mac-committees--positions<http://midwestarc.memberclicks.net/message2/link/4a845ac6-e670-4fd3-947f-ee13463dfd3b/1> and https://www.midwestarchives.org/mac-<http://midwestarc.memberclicks.net/message2/link/4a845ac6-e670-4fd3-947f-ee13463dfd3b/2>bylaws<http://midwestarc.memberclicks.net/message2/link/4a845ac6-e670-4fd3-947f-ee13463dfd3b/2>.

We hope you will consider nominating yourself or someone you know to be considered for one of these positions.

We are especially seeking professionals who will intentionally work to advance MAC's work to bring about organizational change as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Nominations of, and applications from, archival professionals of color, early-career archivists, first-time candidates, tribal archivists, community archivists, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.

Send any nominations, suggestions, or questions about the process to Matt Gorzalski (mgorz at siu.edu<mailto:mgorz at siu.edu>), chair of the 2024-2025 Nominating Committee, by Friday, July 26, 2024.

We look forward to hearing from you!

MAC Nominating Committee
Matt Gorzalski, Carol Street, Kristen Whitson

This email was sent to carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> by membership at midwestarchives.org<mailto:membership at midwestarchives.org>
Midwest Archives Conference * 2455 E. Sunrise Boulevard, Suite 816, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304, United States