[SOA] OhioDIG CFP for "Talking 'bout Vendors" - July 16 in-person, Columbus

Carleton, Janet (she/her) carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Jun 3 15:54:17 EDT 2024

Please save the date for the July 16 in-person meeting at the State Library of Ohio<https://library.ohio.gov/>, when we'll focus on discussing experiences and information about vendors, in "Talking 'bout Vendors."

In our work with digitization and digital preservation, most of us use vendors for various pieces of the process-ranging from purchasing equipment, outsourcing the capture and metadata/OCR/transcription, cloud storage platforms, to discovery platforms, and more.

For this meeting we are seeking folks for lightning talks about a vendor experience, then we will break into small discussion groups focused on different types of vendor products.

Proposal Deadline: Monday, July 1, 2024 at midnight (but sooner is appreciated!). Please fill out this simple Google Form with your lightning talk idea: https://forms.gle/V6KpXstrjsbrj2vGA

The OhioDIG planning group has been working on ways to make the most of our 3 in-person and 3 virtual meetings with choosing topics that lend themselves to those different formats.

In this in-person setting we will not be recording the conversations/presentations, potentially allowing for frank discussion of good and not-so-good experiences, as well as lessons learned, tips, and tricks. For example, when we had a program on purchasing book scanners some years back, I learned that the price is not THE price-negotiation can come into play! And, what companies stood behind their service agreements like a champ--and who fell short.

Come and share with us and join in a lively discussion!

OhioDIG was founded for the purpose of building a community of those with an interest in cultural heritage digitization, description, access, and digital preservation. All are welcome!

OhioDIG meets 6 times a year--in-person May, July, Sept; virtually Nov, Jan, March. https://www.ohiodig.org<https://www.ohiodig.org/>
---
Janet Carleton| Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Digital Initiatives | Mahn Center for Archives and Special Collections, Preservation & Digital Initiatives | OHIO University Libraries | Alden 333 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | https://media.library.ohio.edu<https://media.library.ohio.edu/> | she/her/hers

Visit our Social Media
https://www.instagram.com/aldenlibrary/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/ | https://bit.ly/ou-uaSpotify | https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ohiou-digital-collections | https://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital | http://bit.ly/YouTube-OU-hist-films & http://bit.ly/ou-di-youtube | https://sites.ohio.edu/library-archives-blog/