[SOA] Xenia Lives: Remembering the 1974 Xenia Tornado

Heise, Robin robin.heise at greenecountyohio.gov
Mon Mar 4 09:04:13 EST 2024

Good morning.

The 50th anniversary of the 1974 tornado is approaching quickly. Archives' staff have been busy processing a variety of records documenting the tornado that were transferred to the Archives over the years. As part of the upcoming commemoration, we have created a new page on our website, "Xenia Lives: Remembering the 1974 Xenia Tornado<https://www.greenecountyohio.gov/1968/Xenia-Lives-Remembering-the-1974-Xenia-T>". The resources provided on this page will ensure that future generations remember this piece of our history; the massive recovery that occurred after the event; the resilience of the local residents; and the rebuilding that took place. This tragic event is an integral part of Xenia and Greene County's history. The Archives is working to preserve the stories, photographs, and records that document that day for future generations.

On April 1, 2024, we will also be adding a link to the numerous video oral history interviews and written accounts that we have received over the last few months.

We hope that you'll take a moment to visit our site and remember this important historical event.
Thank you and have a great day.

Robin

Robin Heise
Records Manager/Archivist
Greene County Records Center and Archives
535 Ledbetter Road, Xenia, OH 45385
Tel: (937) 562-6489
Fax: (937) 562-6485
Email: robin.heise at greenecountyohio.gov<mailto:robin.heise at greenecountyohio.gov>