[OPLINLIST] Monetary donation policy

Jim Guenther jguenther@pickawaylib.org
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:11:49 -0500

If your library has a monetary donations policy, would you be willing to
send us a copy. Our Board is considering the establishment of a special
revenue fund to track cash donations and appropriate unrestricted
donations for certain expenses such as materials or equipment. For
public perception they feel it may be wise to remove all donations from
the general fund.

We are hoping to see a policy that perhaps addresses how to appropriate
and spend cash donations from donors that don't specify how they want
the money to be spent. We are thinking of possibly establishing monetary
ranges for these gifts; such as $1-$500 be spent on materials, and
$500-?? be spent on equipment, etc.

We belong to a community foundation, but we have some donors that want
to give directly to the library. If you have any information that might
help us on this issue, we would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you!
Jim Guenther
Director
Pickaway County District Public Library