[OPLINLIST] Follow-up: P.R. Images

Maggie Bollar bluedogbooks@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:15:16 -0800 (PST)

--0-1862520895-1067368516=:61957

Good afternoon,

I wanted to post my responses in case other libraries find themselves looking for similar images.  While googling, I came across www.superstock.com - there were a wide variety of images at 300 dpi, and the cost was not prohibitive.

Mr. James Guilford was kind enough to send the following links:

"Good photographs aren't cheap... but they are good. There are a number of stock image agencies out there offering excellent, royalty-free (not free of charge), work. You can select, purchase, and download excellent photography online. There are several choices in resolution and image size for each image. Here's one site I've used:

Comstock Images
http://www.comstock.com/web/default.asp

another is Getty Images....
http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/home/homeCreative.asp

Both of these places offer high-resolution, publication-grade works. Good shopping and good luck!"

Best wishes and thanks,

Maggie
-------
Maggie Bollar
Children's Librarian
New Carlisle Public Library
111 E. Lake Avenue
New Carlisle, OH   45344

--0-1862520895-1067368516=:61957

<DIV>Good afternoon,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wanted to post my responses in case other libraries find themselves looking for similar images.&nbsp; While googling, I came across <A href="http://www.superstock.com">www.superstock.com</A> - there were a wide variety of images at 300 dpi, and the cost was not prohibitive.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mr. James Guilford was kind enough to send the following links:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Good photographs aren't cheap... but they are good. There are a number of stock image agencies out there offering excellent, royalty-free (not free of charge), work. You can select, purchase, and download excellent photography online. There are several choices in resolution and image size for each image. Here's one site I've used:<BR><BR>Comstock Images<BR><A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.comstock.com/web/default.asp" target=_blank>http://www.comstock.com/web/default.asp</A><BR><BR>another is Getty Images....<BR><A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/home/homeCreative.asp" target=_blank>http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/home/homeCreative.asp</A><BR><BR>Both of these places offer high-resolution, publication-grade works. Good shopping and good luck!"<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Best wishes and thanks,</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Maggie </DIV>
<DIV>Maggie Bollar</DIV>
<DIV>Children's Librarian</DIV>
<DIV>New Carlisle Public Library</DIV>
<DIV>111 E. Lake Avenue</DIV>
<DIV>New Carlisle, OH&nbsp;&nbsp; 45344</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Exclusive Video Premiere - <a href="http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=1&redirectURL=http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/">Britney Spears</a>
--0-1862520895-1067368516=:61957--