[OPLINLIST] teacher loans

Sharon Burnley Sharon Burnley" <burnlesh@canalfultonlibrary.org
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 16:07:42 EDT

I recall someone asking about teacher loan policies, and I was just wondering what the responses were.
We are looking into our policies re: teacher loans and I have a few questions of my own:
Anyone:
1.  When you issue a teacher loan card, do you ask for proof of teaching position?  If so, how do you handle the homeschoolers?
2.   Do you charge for lost items?  Do you charge overdues or fees associated with the system?
3.   Do you allow items from another library to go out on a teacher loan (!!!), and if not, how do you handle requests for items in the system.
4.   Do you allow items from the adult collection to go out on teacher loan, or is the teacher loan service specific to the children's dept. only?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Sharon Burnley
Canal Fulton Library
Canal Fulton, Ohio