[OPLINLIST] KnowItNow 24x7 Reference Service

Jane Byrnes JBYRNES@SLOMA.state.oh.us
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:03:55 -0400

Dear Library Directors:

On Friday, I received a KnowItNow 24x7 Media Kit and hope that you have all
received yours by now.  This kit is already making its way here through the
State Library so we can determine how we will publicize this exciting
enhanced service.

The three primary partners who are doing all the work behind the scenes to
get ready for the roll out are:

The Cleveland Public Library who has managed all of
the technical aspects related to expansion of the KnowItNow 24x7 service and
has assisted in training sessions.
The NOLA Regional Library System who has taken on the responsibility of
coordinating library volunteers, training
sessions, and after-hours staffing for the service.
Cuyahoga County Public Library who is handling the marketing and public
relations aspects of the project and has also agreed to be the fiscal agent
for the three-year grant.

While these three library systems will get the service off the ground and
running;  you and your staffs will give it wings. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Jo

Jo Budler
State Librarian