[OPLINLIST] RFID demo- September 1

Patty pfonseca@ccpl.lib.oh.us
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:51:20 -0400

The Bibliotecha RFID bus will be visiting the Clark County Public Library,
Main Library, 201 S Fountain Ave, Springfield, Ohio on Wednesday, September
1st to demonstrate their self-check station, staff station, sensor gates with
ID function, item conversion in RFID, and inventory. Their system works with
any SIP2-compliant integrated library system.

A demo will be held at 1:30 pm on September 1st. The demonstration should be
less than an hour.

We will also have our library technology staff on hand from 10:30 until 3:30
pm that day to discuss and demonstrate other technology, including: -Polaris
(Integrated Library System from GIS Information Systems);-WAM (Wireless Access
Manager); -SAM (PC Management System from Comprise Technologies); -DartClix
for Kids (Website links in our PAC); -Library Decision (Planning tool from
Civic Technologies using Geographic Information System software), and E-vents
and E-roomreserve (Online Calendar/Scheduling).

We can also show you around the Main Library if you are interested.  We have
recently remodeled our Teen Room and Audio-visual area.

We are looking forward to this opportunity to share what we have learned and
for us to learn from other libraries.

In case you are wondering, our library has not implemented RFID, but we are
looking into it as part of a long-range facilities plan.

Please RSVP by August 26 to: pfonseca@ccpl.lib.oh.us or Fax: Attn: Patty
937.328.6908

Thank you.
Patty Fonseca