[OPLINLIST] Virtual Reference Services - Moderated Discussion - Dec 14

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:14:56 -0500

--------------010703070204010009020909

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

*

    Virtual Reference Services - Moderated Discussion

      http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=454

Tuesday, December 14th, 2004

      Time:

2:00 - 3:30 p.m.

      Location:

GCLC Office

      Speaker:

MODERATOR: Nicole Frilling
Virtual Branch Librarian, Kenton County Public Library

Join your colleagues to discuss some of the issues that are involved in
the evolving virtual environment. The moderator is one of the first
Virtual Branch Librarians in the area and she will share her experiences
as well as lead the group discussion.

Questions could include:

Is there such thing as too many online services?
What is the Library's role in offering users electronic services?
What different opinions do some librarians have over wanting users to
come to the library vs. those who think we should provide services to
people when and where they need them?
Why do users choose online services?
How does virtual reference fit into our online services?
What kind of questions do people ask on virtual reference?
How will the increased use of high speed internet access change our
services?
How do we encourage users to access our databases and catalog instead of
going straight to a search engine?
Where does digitization of materials fit into the Library's mission?

Please sign up now to join in what promises to be a lively discussion.

      Meal:

No meal is provided with this event.

      Member:

Free

      Friend of GCLC:

Free

      Non-Member:

$10

Registration is limited to 16 participants

--------------010703070204010009020909

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006666">Virtual Reference Services - Moderated
Discussion</font></h2>
<h3><a href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=454">http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=454</a></h3>
<h3>Date:</h3>
<h3>Time:</h3>
<h3>Location:</h3>
<h3>Speaker:</h3>
Virtual Branch Librarian, Kenton County Public Library </p>
<h3>Description:</h3>
[...]
Please sign up now to join in what promises to be a lively discussion.</p>
<h3>Meal:</h3>
<h3>Member:</h3>
<h3>Friend of GCLC:</h3>
<h3>Non-Member:</h3>