[OPLINLIST] Cincinnati Art Museum Special Program for Libraians

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:38:18 -0500

This message has been posted to several lists. Please excuse any
duplication.

    Cincinnati Art Museum

    953 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

*HOLD THIS DATE: *Friday, February 6, 2004 4-6pm

* *

The Cincinnati Art Museum enjoys the support that it receives from
librarians – both in schools and in the public library systems.

In recognition of this support, the Cincinnati Art Museum is hosting a
special “meet the author” evening, in conjunction with the Museum’s
special exhibition, /African American Masters: Highlights from the
Smithsonian American Art Museum./

Award-winning children’s book author *Tonya Bolden* will be at the
Museum, featuring her new book entitled /Wake Up Our Souls/. The book is
a celebration of the history of black American artists, published by
Harry N. Abrams, in association with the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

Ms. Bolden’s books are targeted at upper elementary/middle school. Her
last book, /Tell All the Children Our Story/ (Abrams, 2002) explores
what it has meant to be young and black in America. Ms. Bolden is a
graduate of Princeton University and Columbia University. In addition to
being a prolific writer, she also teaches and lectures.

Ms. Bolden will talk about her motivation to write /Wake Up Our Souls/
and will be available to sign copies of the book. Refreshments will be
served.

Attendees to this special event will also be able to tour /African
American Masters: Highlights from the Smithsonian American Art Museum
/and learn more about the educational resources of the Cincinnati Art
Museum.

Ms. Bolden will also be presenting at the Family First Saturday event on
Saturday, Feb. 7 (1-4pm).

For more information call the Education Division at the Cincinnati Art
Museum. Reservations not required. 513/639-2971