[OPLINLIST] Early Childhood Programming - Moderated Discussion

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:50:54 -0500

--------------050006000902040108060505

This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for any duplication.
Early Childhood Programming *

*Date:* Tuesday, January 20th, 2004
*Time:* 2:00 p.m.
*Location:* The GCLC Office, 2181 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio

Please join Moderator Sherry Quinones, Public Library of Cincinnati and
Hamilton County Price Hill Branch Manager, for a discussion of early
childhood programming and services. Feel free to bring ideas and
materials to share. Discussion topics will include:
1.What is emergent literacy and why is it important to librarians?
2.How do we determine if materials/ services are developmentally
appropriate?
3.Some sample programs that promote emergent literacy in a
developmentally appropriate way.
4.Is it important to market our programs/ materials this way - and who
are we doing this for?
5.How do we keep up with current trends with Early Childhood materials/
services?

*Cost:* Free but registration is required.
The deadline to register is Friday, January 16th, 2004

--------------050006000902040108060505

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<pre wrap="">This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for any duplication.
 color="#006600"><b>
Please
join Moderator Sherry Quinones, Public Library of Cincinnati and
Hamilton County Price Hill Branch Manager, for a discussion of early
childhood programming and
services. Feel free to bring ideas and materials to share. Discussion
topics will include:<br>
1.What is emergent literacy and why is it important to librarians?<br>
2.How do we determine if materials/ services are developmentally
appropriate?<br>
3.Some sample programs that promote emergent literacy in a
developmentally appropriate way.<br>
4.Is it important to market our programs/ materials this way - and who
are we doing this for?<br>
5.How do we keep up with current trends with Early Childhood materials/
services?
The deadline to register is Friday, January 16th, 2004</p>

--------------050006000902040108060505--