[OPLINLIST] Ohio Memory Announces Contest Winners

Angela O'Neal aoneal@ohiohistory.org
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:08:34 -0400

Super Scrapbooker Contest Winners

Ohio Memory is pleased to announce Alexander Coccia, a sixth grade =
student at Immaculate Conception School in Columbus, as the winner of =
the Ohio Memory Super Scrapbooker Contest. Alexander chose archaeology =
as the theme for his online scrapbook. He included items such as =
photographs of excavations and Hopewell Culture artifacts. "I am very =
excited that my scrapbook was selected for the grand prize," said =
Alexander, "I really enjoyed working on it, and I think that the Ohio =
Memory project is a fabulous resource."

Other winners are:
Grades K-3
Sarah W., Tremont Elementary (Upper Arlington)=20

Grades 4-8=20
Joey G. and Julia L., City Kids Day Care (Hilliard)
Madeline F., Tremont Elementary (Upper Arlington)

Grades 9-12
Barbara W., Firelands High School (Oberlin)

Winners were selected based on the following criteria: at least five =
items in the scrapbook, quality of notes, theme and creativity. Due to =
the large number of entries in some categories, honorable mentions were =
also selected.  To view the winning scrapbooks, go to:  =
http://www.ohiomemory.org/contest_winners.html

Ohio Memory is an award-winning project of the Ohio Historical Society, =
OhioLINK and more than 330 other cultural institutions throughout the =
state of Ohio. Visit Ohio Memory at: http://www.ohiomemory.org

Angela O'Neal
Ohio Memory Project Manager
Ohio Historical Society