[OPLINLIST] Providing coffee service?

Don Boozer boozerdo@oplin.org
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:40:04 +0000

Dear fellow OPLINers:

Our library is embarking on providing a coffee service for our patrons and
would appreciate any thoughts, hints, or helpful information from libraries
that have had experience with this type of endeavor. We are planning on
providing this service in a lobby area with seating and tables. In addition
to the drinks, we are contemplating providing a snack food machine. Things
are still very much in the planning stages, but that is why we're turning
to all of you. We are particularly interested in the following aspects:
1) Have you used vendors, automatic machines, a staffed coffee bar, or some
other form of providing the actual drinks? We'd like to hear both pro and
con/good and bad experiences with these various dispensing methods.
2) What drinks have you provided? Just coffee, or a combination of coffee,
tea, cocoa, soda, juice, etc.?
3) Do you have any problems with spillage or damage to library materials?
Do you mandate cups with lids?
4) Did you encounter any unexpected problems or difficulties?
5) Any other information that any of you think would be helpful.
Feel free to respond directly to me or post on OPLIN. Other libraries may
benefit from our search for information. Thank you.
Donald Boozer, Reference Librarian
Barberton Public Library
602 West Park Avenue, Barberton, OH 44203
330-745-1194
www.barberton.lib.oh.us