[OPLINLIST] SOASIST Presents: Keith Instone on faceted browse, July 8, Dayton OH

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Sun, 23 May 2004 15:13:10 -0400

Southern Ohio Chapter of the American Society for Information Science &
Technology presents:

SPEAKER:  Keith Instone, information architect on the user experience
team for ibm.com and former curator of UsableWeb.com

ON: Faceted Browse - How User Interfaces Represent and Benefit from a
Faceted Classification System.  This will be a version of the
presentation given at the IA summit February 27-29 in Austin Texas.

WHEN: July 8, 2004   3:30-5:30 p.m.

WHERE: LexisNexis, Miamisburg, Ohio

COST: $15.  MEMBERS: $10.  Free for student members or retired members.
Please pay at the door.  Refreshments will be served.

REGISTRATION REQUIRED:  By 5 pm July 6, 2004.  Please contact Jill
Sellers at 937 865-6800 x54809 or jill.sellers@lexisnexis.com

DIRECTIONS to LexisNexis:
 From CINCINNATI, take I-75 North to Dayton.  Exit 44 to S.R. 725
(Centerville/Miamisburg Rd.).  East on S.R. 725.  South on  S.R. 741
(Springboro Pike).  LexisNexis is approx. 1 mile, on the right  side of
the road.  Turn right at Spring Valley Road entrance (the 6th light from
S.R. 725/S.R. 741 intersection), LexisNexis sign will say 9443-9595.
Drive underneath skyway connecting the buildings.  Turn right, go over
the speed bump, and park in the lot next to the covered entrance.  Enter
Building 4 (9443 Springboro Pike).  Wait at the guard station for
someone to escort you.

 From COLUMBUS, west on I-70.  I-675 towards Cincinnati.  Exit 2
(Centerville/Miamisburg Exit) off of I-675.  Left on Yankee Rd.  Right
on Lyons Rd.  Left on S.R. 741 (Springboro Pike). LexisNexis is about .5
mile on the right.  Turn right at Spring Valley Road entrance (the 2nd
light from Lyons Rd./S.R. 741 intersection), LexisNexis sign will say
9443-9595.  Drive underneath skyway connecting the buildings. Turn
right, go over the speed bump, and park in the lot next to the covered
entrance.  Enter Building 4 (9443 Springboro Pike).  Wait at the guard
station for someone to escort you.

AGENDA:
3:15-3:45 Registration, refreshments & socializing
3:45-5:30 Talk and questions