[OPLINLIST] computer management software

Chad Neeper CNeeper@nrg92.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:29:03 -0400

Hello!

When we set up networks for our clients, we use Novell Netware servers in =
combination with Windows 9x, 2000 or XP workstations. Part of the Novell =
software allows us to provide full control over the desktop via centrally-m=
anaged Windows group policies, limit the programs available to the user or =
workstation, remotely monitor or control a workstation's desktop, provide =
a different set of desktop priviledges and/or available programs based on =
the user that is logged in, and more. As far as I understand, Microsoft's =
Active Directory provides a lot of this same type of control if you're =
using a Windows Server. If you have either a Novell or Microsoft server/net=
work, you might want to talk to your tech support people. You might be =
able to achieve exactly what you're looking for by configuring the =
software you already have rather than purchasing more.

Just a thought.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer
Network Response Group
614-481-9400

--  Full LAN/WAN consulting services specialized in libraries and schools  =