[OPLINLIST] MPL seeks ML(I)S for LTR

Susan Banks sbanks@marysvillelib.org
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:00:20 -0400

The Marysville Public Library invites you to join our team of
innovative professionals serving a great, growing community of
tech-savvy library lovers of all ages.  We're not afraid to take
chances because providing the best in library services is always at
the heart of everything we do -- and our community supports that
approach.

The position of Head of Adult Services/Reference is a chance to
expand your horizons of library service to adults, supervise high-
performers who take their jobs seriously, and spread your creative
wings in cultural programming and lifelong learning for all ages.
We're working hard in community development and look to the new
department head to reach out into the business community, too.

You will be encouraged. You will be challenged.  You will have fun.
Here's the nuts and bolts:

Head of Reference/Adult Services: Full time salaried, Marysville
Public Library to start January 2005.  Responsible for planning,
providing and evaluating information services to adults, including
daily reference and development of educational and cultural
programming.  Collection development in reference and adult
materials.   Required: MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited
program, or considerable work toward that degree, public library
reference experience and experience and/or training in adult
education.  Web design or development  experience desired.
Salary range: $33-35K DOQ.   Applications accepted by mail to
Susan Banks, Director, 231 S. Plum St., Marysville, 43040 or via
email at sbanks@marysvillelib.org.  No phone calls.
Deadline for application is November 12, 2004.

For more information about the Library or to view a complete job
description, visit:
http://www.marysvillelib.org/employment.htm

Susan Banks MLIS
Director,