[OPLINLIST] Christmas is coming...

Lynne Welch welchly@oplin.org
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:27:09 -0400

and we're looking for a better way to organize our collection.

We've tried having a separate area for Christmas items during
the off season - upstairs in closed storage; on a marked cart
in our basement (permanent) storage; and on a designated
shelf area within the regular collection. None have been totally
successful.

Now we're considering interfiling the items with our regular
collection, after each has been marked with a holiday spine
sticker.

How do you handle it at your library? Pro's, con's, and any hints
or tips to make it easier to pull the items when the season is
upon us, while making them available and encouraging them to
circulate during the off season, would be welcome.

Thanks,
Lynne

Lynne Welch - Reference Librarian
Herrick Memorial Library - Wellington OH 44090
tel. 440-647-2120        fax 440-647-2103
email: <welchly@oplin.org>
website: <www.wellington.lib.oh.us>