[OPLINLIST] Needed: Staff Cell Phone & Freq Flyer Miles Policies

krollke krollke@oplin.org
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:59:08 -0700

In January 2004, a new Ohio Compliance Supplement published by
the Auditor of State requires four new policies for public entities:
 Cellular telephone policy, Credit card/purchasing card policy,
Use of library vehicles/equipment policy, and Travel policy.
The recommended items to address in these policies, along with
links to sample policies, can be found in the Auditor of State's
"Best Practices" publications published last year.  You can access
them from the following two urls:

Cell phone and Travel policies:

http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/Publications/BestPractices/AOSBestPractices-Spring2004.pdf

Credit/purchasing cards and Use of library vehicles/equipment
policies:

http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/Publications/BestPractices/AOSBestPractices-Winter2004.pdf

Or go to the Auditor's website at www.auditor.state.oh.us and
click on "Publications."  Scroll down until you find the "Best
Practices" newsletters.

Hope this helps,
Kelly

Kelly A. Kroll, Clerk-Treasurer
Akron-Summit County Public Library
60 S. High Street
Akron, OH  44326
Voice:  330-643-9120
Fax:    330-643-9130

Hello.

>We have been told by the auditor that we need policies on the
"use of
>library cell phones by staff" and a "frequent flyer miles" policies.
 Our
>director has already checked the State Library's site for examples.
 Are
>there any libraries that already have these policies in place?
 We would