[OPLINLIST] James E. Cook Scholarship Fund Established at KSU-SLIS

cbrodie@kent.edu cbrodie@kent.edu
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:21:07 -0400

Dear OPLIN Friends=2C

I am very pleased to forward this announcement in honor and in memory of
our dear friend=2C mentor and colleague=2C James Cook=2E

(I apologize for the double-posting=2C I hit send before I was finished
with the note to all of you=2E)

Carolyn Brodie

For Immediate Release=2C August 11=2C 2005

Kent State University School of Library and Information Science =

Announces Establishment of the James E=2E Cook Scholarship Fund

A memorial scholarship/award fund in honor of James E=2E Cook has been
established by Kent State University=2E As we move forward=2C we will wor=
closely with friends and colleagues in Dayton and around the state to
establish final criteria for this award or scholarship=2E  The graduate
student recipient will be selected on the basis of continuing James=92
good=2C important work of connecting teens and libraries=2E  The resultin=
criteria for the award will also require that the recipient has a love
for YA literature and a passion for telling others about what he or she
has read=2E This will be a very special scholarship/award just as James
was a very special individual=2E

Contributions to this fund may be made online by visiting
https=3A//www=2Egivetokent=2Eorg/secure/form1=2Easp and indicating in ste=
p 3=2C
fill in the white box that your contribution is =22in memory of James E=2E=

Cook=2E=22 Contributions may also be sent by mail to=3A =

KSU Development Office =

P=2EO Box 5190 =

1061 Fraternity Circle =

Kent OH 44242 =

Please remember to indicate on the memo portion of your check that your
contribution is =22In memory of James E=2E Cook=2E=22 =

-------------------------------------
Carolyn S=2E Brodie=2C MSE=2C MLS=2C MEd=2C PhD
Professor
Kent State University
314 Library
Kent=2C OH  44242-0001

Main Office=3A  330-672-2782
Direct Line=3A  330-672-0012
Fax=3A  330-672-7965
Webpage=3A  http=3A//www=2Eslis=2Ekent=2Eedu/people/vitae/vbrodie=2Ephp
Email=3A  cbrodie=40kent=2Eedu