[OPLINLIST] 15th Annual GCLC Support Staff Symposium - Oct 6

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:27:47 -0400

--------------080103010904000001070803

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Support Staff Symposium

http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=564

      Date

Thursday, October 6th, 2005

      Time

8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

      Location

Receptions Conference Center in Northern Kentucky

      Description

/COMMIT TO CUSTOMER CARE/

Communication *** Image *** Insight

Join us for the 15th Annual GCLC Support Staff Symposium where we will
focus on the communication tools you need to serve your customers and
provide outstanding customer service.

      Agenda

    * /8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m./ REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST

    * /9:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m./ KEYNOTE ADDRESS
      Lisa Marie Luccioni will address important communication issues
      that impact your relationship with your customer.

    * /12:00 noon/ BUFFET LUNCHEON
      Includes a variety of "home cooked casserole" features such as
      chicken rice casserole, beef tips and noodles, and vegetarian lasagna.

    * /1:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m./ BREAKOUT SESSIONS
      You will choose two from the following sessions to attend in the
      afternoon.

      BREAKOUT ONE--Debbie Pearce, former faculty member in the
      Communication Arts Department at Xavier University and now running
      her own company--Pearce Communications Group, will guide you in
      exploring a key communication skill for excellent customer
      service: the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. This
      discussion will introduce you to the value of listening beyond our
      own autobiographies. As we work with people from different
      cultures, it is easy to speed-read people based on our own
      cultural learning. Multi-perspective communication asks a person
      to postpone his or her first impressions to entertain the
      questions: What else might be going on? and, what might I be
      missing? This takes the form of self-talk and communication choice.

      BREAKOUT TWO--Rebecca McDaniel, faculty member at Raymond Walters
      College of the University of Cincinnati, will discuss non-verbal
      communication across cultures to help you react to your changing
      user populations.

      BREAKOUT THREE--Peg Gutsell, Co-Director of the Inclusion Network,
      will discuss the importance of including all types of people, in
      the workplace and how you can deal with the communication impact
      that results.

There are plenty of surprises in store this year. We have contracted
with massage therapists to be available during breaks and lunch to
provide 5-minute-massages for all attendees and we will have a surprise
program at lunch.

As always, this is an essential event to focus your energies and learn
more about best practices in customer care. Please register now as this
event always fills up early.

      Meal

Continental Breakfast and Hot Luncheon Buffet

      Member

$6

      Friend of GCLC

$60

      Non-Member

$80

The deadline to register is Monday, October 3rd, 2005

--------------080103010904000001070803

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006663">Support Staff Symposium</font></h2>
<h3>Date</h3>
<h3>Time</h3>
<h3>Location</h3>
<h3>Description</h3>
Communication *** Image *** Insight
Join us for the 15th Annual GCLC Support Staff Symposium where we will
focus on the communication tools you need to serve your customers and
provide outstanding customer service. <br>
<h3>Agenda</h3>
<ul>
Lisa Marie Luccioni will address important communication issues that
impact your relationship with your customer.</li>
Includes a variety of "home cooked casserole" features such as chicken
rice casserole, beef tips and noodles, and vegetarian lasagna.</li>
[...]
results.</li>
</ul>
There
are plenty of surprises in store this year. We have contracted with
massage therapists to be available during breaks and lunch to provide
5-minute-massages for all attendees and we will have a surprise program
at lunch.
As always, this is an essential event to focus your energies and
learn more about best practices in customer care. Please register now
as this event always fills up early.
<h3>Meal</h3>
<h3>Member</h3>
<h3>Friend of GCLC</h3>